Dang, this week has gone really fast.
Started a new project yesterday called SearchPLUS. This is going to be my first MVC project. I'm using pre-release MVC 3.0 on the .Net 3.5 platform. First impressions? Much better than web forms!
I have a lot of questions to research yet:
- How secure is MVC? Being pre-release is it very easily hacked?
- Does MVC support the ASP.net user management backend?
- Performance: How does it compare to classic ASP.net webforms?
- Scaling: Will MVC Scale well?
- Static Content: Does MVC's routing tables allow for static .html files?
The above list is just off the top of my head, but it really highlights my initial distrust. Perhaps I was a fan of webforms after all?
I definitely see that given a simple CRUD web interface or just a Read-only Database driven app (like SearchPLUS) MVC really offers a better development experience.